[vtkusers] vtkPropPicker tolerance?

Julian Ibarz julian.ibarz at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 05:27:39 EDT 2008

vtkPropPicker doesn't have this functionnality but you can use another
classe: vtkVisibleCellSelector. It is the same algorithm behind but it
permits to render a window of your scene for picking and all objects
pickable that will be rendered in this window will be selected. So to make a
tolerance you can render a window of 5x5 pixels under the mouse position and
it will select your line if it is in this area.

2008/7/24 Sercani <sercanimailgroups at gmail.com>

>  Hi everyone,
>
> I need vtkPropPicker for picking an actor which created from vtkLineSource.
> Other pickers are too slow and do not satisfy user requirements.
> vtkPropPicker is extremely fast but its tolerance is not enough,  picking
> the lines in a scene requires really good mouse skill and patience :D. I
> couldn't find a setTolerance function as such in vtkPicker… Is there another
> way to adjust picking tolerance in vtkPropPicker?
>
> Thanks already…

Julian Ibarz