[vtkusers] VTK & Qt - linux compilation question

Raashid Baig raashid.b at rediffmail.com
Wed Jul 23 01:07:17 EDT 2008

I am trying to build a Qt application (Qt version 4.3.4) on linux, it will involve a bit of post processing with VTK(cvs branch). Both Qt and VTK are compiled from sources in my home directly and work properly when used independently.

I am new to Qt and C++ in general, can someone please tell me how to compile simple examples which use both Qt and VTK libraries(like given in VTK/Examples/GUI/Qt). What should be used qmake or cmake ?

Thanks in advance.
Raashid