[vtkusers] Problem with vtkCurvatures

B. Kad kad_bibou at yahoo.fr
Mon Jul 21 14:26:34 EDT 2008

Hi vtk users. I need your help.
I want to visualize the curvatures of a 3D object. To do this, i have an interface from which i read a vrml file and i should use vtkCurvatures class.
I found this code:

vtkCleanPolyData *cleaner = vtkCleanPolyData::New();
// Here, read the polydata from the interface
vtkCurvatures *curvatures = vtkCurvatures::New();
curvatures->SetCurvatureTypeToMean();
curvatures->SetInput(cleaner->GetOutput());
curvatures->Update();
myWindow->Render();

I want to know what to add in the secon line to read ths polydata from my window and how to visualize the curvatures (this code only calculate the mean curvatures).

Thank you sooo much