[vtkusers] linking system freetype results in error messages when building VTK Tests

Oliver Kania ptw.freiburg at googlemail.com
Wed Jul 16 08:12:17 EDT 2008

Hello,
I can build all VTK 5.3 libraries with option "use system freetype" turned
on.
I am using Windows and a static freetype lib.
However, when compiling the vtk Tests or my own application, I get
errors of the following type:

vtkftgl.lib(FTFace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__FT_New_Face referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall
FTFace::Open(char const *)" (?Open at FTFace@@QAE_NPBD at Z)
vtkftgl.lib(FTFace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__FT_Attach_File referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall
FTFace::Attach(char const *)" (?Attach at FTFace@@QAE_NPBD at Z)
vtkftgl.lib(FTFace.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__FT_Done_Face referenced in function "public: void __thiscall
FTFace::Close(void)" (?Close at FTFace@@QAEXXZ)

I double checked that the linker-directory and linker-input are both
set correctly to the static freetype lib.

Best regards,
Oliver