[vtkusers] Hexahedrons in unstructured grids with bad aspect ratios

Sarah Macumber S.Macumber at QuestReliability.com
Mon Jul 14 20:50:18 EDT 2008

Does VTK have any known problem drawing Hexahedrons with bad aspect ratios?  I can get VTK to draw the points but not the cells.  I have been going over my data for a while & can't find any problems with the data or the cells.  I included an example cell below.

Any help is appreciated,
Sarah

ID          X              Y              Z
0           2.9892      0.0          0.0
16         2.9299      0.0           0.05
17         2.3707      0.981       0.05
1           2.372        0.9828     0.0
16000    3.2342      0.0           0.0
16016    3.174        0.0           0.05
16017    2.59248    1.0738      0.05
16001    2.584        1.070       0.0

With a hexahedron cell ID list of :
0 16 17 1 16000 16016 16017 16001