[vtkusers] WindowLevel in vtkImagePlaneWidget class

Dean Inglis dean.inglis at sympatico.ca
Mon Jul 14 10:16:27 EDT 2008

Hi David,

Please do not send emails directly to me, rather,
keep the discussion on vtkusers list so that others
can benefit from or contribute to the discussion.

What version of VTK are you using?  I added
the WindowLevelEvent to the widget on Feb 14 2008,
so if your version of VTK is older than that,
the widget won't be firing the event.

Dean

I've been having trouble getting the window and level values of an instance
of this class. Basically, I want a callback procedure to return these values
whenever I alter the windowlevel with, say, the right mouse button.

I've tried adding an observer as you mentioned previously on the vtk forum,
something like this:

saggital AddObserver WindowLevelEvent wlobserve
.
.
.
proc wlobserve { } {
	set w [saggital GetWindow]
	set l [saggital GetLevel]
	return [list $w $l]
}

but the WindowLevelEvent never seems to be invoked.

Can you offer any suggestions as to what I can do here? It would be greatly
appreciated.

David Gillard