[vtkusers] Opacity of vtkActor2D

dream_noir kyle.charbonneau at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 11:58:38 EDT 2008

I have a vtkActor2D object .that I'm putting a video source in to display in
my app. I add this actor to a renderer with the AddActor2D method. Now I
want this Actor2D to be transparent so I can see the scene behind it.
Unfortunately, using the GetProperty()/SetProperty() methods to get or set
the Property2D object and change the opacity there does nothing. The video
is still opaque and completely blocks the scene behind it. What can I do? Is
this a bug or am I going about it wrong?