[vtkusers] setScalarOpacity or setGradientOpacity

Mohamed Ben Reguiga breguiga_mh at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 9 06:05:39 EDT 2008

Hello all;
I'm trying to genrate a 3d recontruction of a stach of 2D medical Images ( CT and MRI).
After some problems I've obtained an acceptable result, but the problem is that I'm not able to separate the tissues of the body ( only bones can be displayed separatly) such us vessels , mussels....
in a documentation I've found that it's possible to use a  SetGradientOpacity(vtkPiecewiseFunction) , in my case I'm using a the ScalarOpacity.
So , whitch opacity is more usefull for my case, and is it possible to use both of them and mix them ??
last question, in all the docuumentation s I've found, the points added are defined between 0.0 and 255.0 ( I think they consider that the Images are 8bits ), in my case all the images I use are 16bits, so must I define the range of the points between 0.0 and 4096 ??
Does somevbody could answer me to these questions or only one them, please.
thank you for your help.
BEN REGUIGA Med