[vtkusers] Build issues for OSX and cocoa

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jul 8 10:27:11 EDT 2008

On 7/8/08 1:45 PM, Conor Crowley said:

>I am currently trying to build VTK on OSX 10.5.4 and i am encountering a few
>issues. There are 2 errors but both seem to be related to the
>CocoaRenderWindow. I am wondering if there is something i am missing in the
>configuration that would account for this? Has anyone encountered this issue
>already. The errors are below
>
>[ 69%] Building CXX object
>Rendering/CMakeFiles/vtkRendering.dir/vtkCocoaRenderWindow.o
>/Users/conor/Project/Source/VTK/Rendering/vtkCocoaRenderWindow.mm: In member
>function 'virtual const char* vtkCocoaRenderWindow::ReportCapabilities()':
>/Users/conor/Project/Source/VTK/Rendering/vtkCocoaRenderWindow.mm:224:
>error: invalid conversion from 'long int*' to 'GLint*'

In the interest of helping you help yourself.... If you go to google and
search for:

"VTK invalid conversion from 'long int*' to 'GLint'"

You will find the answer to your question.

You don't mention in your post what version of VTK you are using, but
basically: it's old.  The compilation errors you've run into were fixed
over a year ago.

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com