[vtkusers] 3D image island removal

flory florysf at gmail.com
Mon Jul 7 06:44:18 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I need to use a filter that can be applied on a 3d image to eliminate
islands - meaning that given a threshold it finds different
regions(contours, surfaces) and chooses only the largest one eliminating the
small islands. In VTK there is vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter which does this
thing but it must be applied on polygonal data and I need it to be applied
on a 3d image and its output to be also a 3d image.

Does anyone know if there is already implemented such a filter in VTK?
Thanks a lot!

                   Flory