[vtkusers] A points marker widget on a 2D image

Wagner Sales wsales at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:25:21 EDT 2008

Dear all,

I'm developing a 2D image viewer that's needs the following functionalities:
1) The user can click on a image and mark a point in this image.
2) Various points can be marked, and can be used, for example, for an image
segmentation algorithm
3) When I change the slices, if this slice have marked points, needs to be
showed properly

Well, I started by taking a look in vtkImageTracerWidget. But not fits my
needs because when I change the slice, the points and lines not change. I
implemented this using a Qt image viewer, but now I need to change the
entirely code to VTK. The problem are I don't know what's are the correct
way to do this in VTK.

Since I think I'm not the first that's needs this, may be someone here can
helps.

Any help will be must appreciate!
Thanks in advance,

Wagner Sales