[vtkusers] reading coordinates separately

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 2 14:18:54 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!

I use visualisation programms like paraview and others to visualize my data and my data is arranged like in a structured grid. Now it happens, that I have one grid and various different datasets for it, like tempearture, density,... and I want to visualize that. The problem is, that for the structured grid file - format, I would have to specifiy the coordinates of every point in my grid in EACH file and so the files get very large, which I want to avoid.
So is there any chance to read in the coordinates separately, say: I have my coordinates-file (better: 3 files, on with the x-coordinates, one with the y- corrdinates and one with the z), the vtk-based software reads it and then I put my data on each point? So I would just have 3 coordinate -files and then put the temperature, density,.. whatever data on it?

Thx for any help,
Isomorphismus