[vtkusers] Fixed mesh with time varying data

Ogedengbe, Emmanuel emogeden at NRCan.gc.ca
Thu Jan 31 11:28:25 EST 2008

Hi Berk,

Your response to Booleque was a good hint to my problem. But I am having
problem accessing both blowGeom.vtk and blowAttr.vtk in VTKData. The
same error in startup script is flashed anytime I make attempt to open
these files. The display:

Invalid command name "Plastic"
while executing
"Plastic blow molding of car bumper - this is the attributes (geometry)
(field of vectors/scalars)" (file
"C:\VTK\vtkdata\Data\blowAttr.vtk(blowGeom.vtk)" line 2)

is resulted. Can you or anyone please provide reasons for this problem?
Thanks,

Emmanuel

-----Original Message-----
From: vtkusers-bounces+emogeden=nrcan.gc.ca at vtk.org
[mailto:vtkusers-bounces+emogeden=nrcan.gc.ca at vtk.org] On Behalf Of Berk
Geveci
Sent: Monday, January 28, 2008 17:19
To: boolegue; VTK Users
Subject: Re: [vtkusers] Fixed mesh with time varying data

Actually, you can do this with vtk files by being creative :-) Save
your geometry in one vtk file (it sounds like as vtkUnstructuredGrid),
then save the solutions in individual vtk files as vtkDataObject (no
geometry). When loading, load the geometry and solution files
independently and then merge the attributes with the geometry using
vtkMergeDataObjectFilter. A good example of this is blowGeom.vtk and
blowAttr.vtk in VTKData.

-berk