[vtkusers] Faster Rendering with vtkImageViewer2

tobse tobias.meisel at phacon-leipzig.de
Thu Jan 31 08:48:33 EST 2008

Hi all,
I just wrote some code to display slices within 3 vtkImageViewer2. It bases
on  multiple JPEGs . For any reason this application is to slow (about 10
Hz). I read something about vtkLODActor but only for showing polydata. I
tried to preprocess my imagedata (i.e. with resample) by it gives the same
update rate. I am assuming that I have to modify some setting of the
renderwindow? Just changing the desired UpdateFrameRate also did not help.
So I would be glad for any suggestions and key words.

Tobse