[vtkusers] VTK V5.1

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Mon Jan 28 13:45:36 EST 2008

Sebastien BARRE wrote:
> Hello Orion,
>
> At 1/28/2008 01:09 PM, Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Any idea when 5.1 will be released?
>
> Technically, the answer is "never", since official VTK releases are even
> number :) (i.e. 5.0, 5.2, 5.4, etc).
> But to answer your question, 5.2 is going to be branched in about a
> month, tested and bug-fixed for another month, and officially cut soon
> after that.

Thanks.  I was trying to see if we wanted to try to get the next release
into Fedora 9.  See the schedule here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/9/Schedule

But probably best to get another read on it once it is branched.  For
F-9 inclusion, we'd want it pretty stable by April 8th (currently).

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com