[vtkusers] Problem that VTK has with Microsoft studio 2008 experss edition

mostafa charmi mostafa.charmi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:07:22 EST 2008

Hi everyone,

I have recently installed visual studio 2008 studio on my PC. I wanted to
build VTK with this compiler. I did this, but when I wanted to test it with
sample program such as cone, I faced  with  build  problem. The following
could be seen in the output window:

1>------ Build started: Project: Cone, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'vtkRendering.lib'
1>Build log was saved at
"file://c:\D\workspaces\vtk3.0.5\examples\binary\Cone.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Cone - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

vtkrendering. lib file could not be found. I didn't have such problem in my
previous compiler (visual studio 6).

Could you please help me in this issue?

thanks

bests... Mostafa