[vtkusers] Problems with compiling vtk on Mac with Qt support

Anja Ende anja.ende at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:05:11 EST 2008

Hi all,
I installed the Open Source Qt version and tried to build the latest version
of VTK with support for Qt.

However, towards the end of the build it fails with the following error:

/Users/anja/development/vtk-5/GUISupport/Qt/Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.h:56: Error:
Undefined interface
make[2]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/moc_Q4VTKWidgetPlugin.cxx] Error 1
make[1]: *** [GUISupport/Qt/CMakeFiles/QVTKWidgetPlugin.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It seems to barf at the QT macro declaration
Q_INTERFACES(QDesignerCustomWidgetCollectionInterface)

I am using Mac OSX 10.5.1 and using Qt open source version 4.3.3.

Is there something that has changed? I remember not having problems with an
earlier Qt and VTK 5.0?

--
Cheers,

Anja