[vtkusers] HDF5 with VTK

Ogedengbe, Emmanuel emogeden at NRCan.gc.ca
Tue Jan 22 11:18:01 EST 2008

After installation of VTK for use with purely C++ on windows, I have
been struggling with how to get started with reading my CFD datasets for
visualization. I have done some research with HDF5 but having problem
with having to go into increasing number of third party software and
libraries. Recently, I learnt that H5utils can convert HDF5 datasets
into the formats required by other free visualization software like VTK.
But it's only for UNIX systems, though it appears help can come from
CygWin <http://cygwin.com/>  .

Can anyone help? I just want to visualize simple 2D/3D grid-based scalar
and vector flow fields simulated with my native codes.

Thanks in anticipation

Emmanuel