[vtkusers] whatever happened to vtkPowerCrustSurfaceReconstruction ?

Tim Hutton tim.hutton at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 09:55:42 EST 2008

Jelle,

I'm compiler-challenged too but here's what I know.

To add a new class to your VTK build (so it gets wrapped in
Tcl/Java/Python etc.):

1) You need to add the .cxx and .h files to a VTK folder (e.g. Hybrid
or your own folder MyBuild).
2) You need to modify the CMakeLists.txt in that folder to mention the files.
3) Run CMake to rebuild VTK and configure it to build the
Tcl/Java/python things.
4) Rebuild VTK.
4) You should then be able to use the new class from Tcl/Java/Python.

Hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Good luck. If you get it working then maybe add a page to the VTK wiki on this?

Tim

--
Tim Hutton - http://www.sq3.org.uk

Take the Organic Builder challenge -