[vtkusers] Re: Extract vertices from polydata

John Platt jcplatt at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jan 22 05:37:24 EST 2008

Hi Goodwin,

Thanks for your idea. The polydata contains both lines and vertices. I
would like to extract the vertices for glyphing. I had a look at
vtkMaskPolyData but it appears you can't select a cell type. For VTK 4.4
I wrote a filter vtkProgrammableExtractCells to do this but in moving up
to 5 I'm trying to avoid the 'specials'.

Thanks again for your interest.

John.