[vtkusers] Re: sgi starkit?

Goodwin Lawlor goodwin.lawlor at ucd.ie
Mon Jan 21 10:49:36 EST 2008

D.M.P.Davies wrote:
> I find  Goodwin Taylor's starkit  an excellent tool for developing tcl
> packages. Note: The console window helps a LOT compared to  the vtk5
> startkit.
> I would like to test  my programs on a , recently purchased,  sgi octane
> . It would help me if someone has already  compiled  one.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

Hi Dave,

On Linux I've used equi4's genkit script to build VTKit... after step
one you have to edit the makefiles to add the static VTK libs to the
build and you have to add some init code to kitInit.c.

Other than that just follow the instructions here:
http://www.equi4.com/wikis/equi4/268

hth

Goodwin