[vtkusers] Re: Rendering slowed down after recent CVS update

Paul Melis paul at science.uva.nl
Wed Jan 16 11:15:30 EST 2008

Sean McBride wrote:

>On 1/16/08 4:24 PM, Paul Melis said:
>

>>And another reply to myself...
>>After going back to a CVS version of VTK of October 1st the problem
>>seems to be gone. So something changed in VTK between october and today
>>that influences the render performance, probably due to a software
>>fallback suddenly being used in the NVidia driver.
>>

>Next try Nov 1, Dec 1, etc. until you have it narrowed down to between 2
>days... tedious, but easy.  You'll probably find the problem this way.

Well, I first have to do some real work again with VTK as this little
thingy cost me quite some time. So I won't be doing a binary search for
the suspect revision in the near future. I actually hope someone from
Kitware can make an educated guess what might be going. I'd be happy to
assist in narrowing the problem down.

Paul