[vtkusers] vtkCollisionDetectionFilter error. Using vtk5.1

Godofredo godofredoiii at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 06:27:49 EST 2008

Hi to all.
I'm trying to use vtkCollisionDetectionFilter in my application but the
program crashes during execution.
 I am using VTK 5.1 and Visual Studio 8. I downloaded the latest release of
"vtkBioeng.zip" from sourceforge and built the project successfully getting
"vtkBioeng.lib" and  "vtkBioeng.dll". I then added "vtkBioeng.lib" alongwith
the other VTK libs in my project settting. I copied   "vtkBioeng.dll" into
folder having all VTK dll's. My application compiles and links successfully,
but as I run it, the program crashes.
I've read in another post about the same error caused by using an old
version of vtkBioeng.zip with vtk5.0. I would like to know if the error I'm
getting is related to the vtk version I'm using (vtk5.1) and the current
vtkBioeng version (for vtk5.0). Are they incompatible?
Thanks in advance.