[vtkusers] VTK Macos Leopard Xcode3

Michail Vidiassov master at iaas.msu.ru
Wed Jan 9 22:09:56 EST 2008

Dear Mustafa,

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008, Gokhan Mustafa Uzunbas wrote:

> I want to to compile VTK.503 under Mac OS leopard with Cmake. I have Xcode
> installed on my machine adn I got error message:

did you take a look at the existing ports systems for Mac OS X?
Darwinports has VTK 5.0.3 that I use just now on Leopard
(it was just "sudo port install vtk5").
I do not use fink, but it has someting called vtk-py.

If you do not feel like installing a whole ports&packaging system,
you may use the configuretion option and patches from there to compile
VTK by hand.

  Sincerely, Michail