[vtkusers] same camera on different viewpoints

Sicilia Judice siciliajudice at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 08:52:30 EST 2008

I think I am very near to finish this...

Let me try to explain... I have to generate stereo images to use with
Crystal Eyes... So, I have create two viewports, displayed vertically, one
over other... The upper viewport is the stereo image for one eye, and the
second one for the other eye. I have to put one of this images with a
difference of 5° (the paralaxe). I was creating two cameras, each one for
one viewport. In the second camera I was using the method Azimuth(5). But in
this way, I was having to take care of the interaction, what I could not
done... Now I have try a different solution: I create only one camera and
set to both viewports. Now, any action with the mouse move the two images
together... But I have to translate the second image in 5°, and I do not
know how to do it... How can I translate an imagem in a viewport???

ps.: sorry for the english, I am from Brazil!

ps2.: thanks for the attention!!!

On Jan 9, 2008 11:42 AM, Luca Pallozzi Lavorante <lplavorante at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sicilia,
> if you work in C++, let's say you have two viewports, with two
> corresponding instances of vtkRenderer, ren1 and ren2. Say that you want to
> modify ren2´s camera according to whatever interaction you perform on ren1
> (via a vtkRenderWindowInteractor). The command to accomplish that is :
>
> ren2->SetActiveCamera(ren1->GetActiveCamera());
>
> Hope this help
>
>       Luca

Sicilia Ferreira Judice
www.lncc.br/~sicilia
sicilia at lncc.br

Laboratório Nacional de Computação Cientifica
Avenida Getulio Vargas, 333 - Quitandinha.
Petrópolis, RJ, Brasil - CEP: 25651-075.
Sala 1A-44  | Tel. +55 (24) 2233-6173
Lab. Virtual | Tel. +55 (24) 2233-6098