[vtkusers] Questions related to multiple renderers and layers.

Vidyadhar vidyadhar at lucidindia.com
Mon Jan 7 07:20:05 EST 2008

Hi,
It is not enough to just add more renderers to render window. As you have
seen these will appear only if you set different viewports for them. To have
something like z-order, you need to set number of layers on render window to
each renderer assign a layer number. Within a layer you can have multiple
renderers which will act like what you have already seen (because number of
layers defaulted to one and all renderers also defaulted to that layer.
Except one layer all other will be transparent (without background color).
You may have to do some experimentation because different versions of vtk
have reverse layer order and I do not now know which way it is in 5.0.
HTH
Vidyadhar