[vtkusers] Create windows-like GUI for a 3D rendering application

polys_poly at hotmail.com polys_poly at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 09:51:32 EST 2008

Hello vtk,

My main project is to create an application which will allow someone to load some MRI images (either TIFF or DICOM)
from a folder and then create the volume of these images and perhaps let the user upload another stack of MRI images
to compare the two datasets. My problem is how can I create a windows-like GUI and connect it with VTK. For example
I want the user to have the basic windows applications menu on top of the window which will allow him to get the stack
of images from a folder that he chooses:

File -> Get MRI stack -> (Select Folder with images) etc

I would also like the 3D rendering window to be part of the GUI window and perhaps have more than one rendering windows
were I could load different datasets. Also buttons for zooming in-out rotation etx.

I am using VS 8 and since I am a total newbie in VTK I have no idea how to solve such kind of problems.

Thanks in advance