[vtkusers] Error running TaskParallelism

Cally kalpana0611 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 08:33:34 EST 2008

Hi guys,

I have a 2 node cluster ( it's a prototype, and I am planning to run the
visualization on 32 nodes at my lab ). For this 2 node thingy, I have
installed mpich and compiled VTK with VTK_USE_Parallel =ON and the MPI thing
on, and made the path point to libmpich.a. My MPICH is working cause I can
run programs like cpilog, pmandel . But I get the following error when I run
the TaskParellelism executable

I typed = mpirun –np 2 TaskParallelism

 And obtained this error

ERROR

[/usr/local/ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx/TaskParallelism: symbol lookup
error: /usr/local/ParallelProcessing/Generic/Cxx/TaskParallelism: undefined
symbol: _ZN16vtkMPIController3NewEv

p0_3705:  p4_error: Child process exited while making connection to remote
process on Slave: 0

p0_3705: (22.308048) net_send: could not write to fd=4, errno = 32

I am kinda new to mpich, I am jus learning it to get this vtk thing going
on. How do I go about compiling and running the examples in the Parallel
Processing folder, I cant seem the make them.

Could someone help me, I know I can use Paraview, but I need to write some
codes, and I really wanna get this thing working. Could someone help….