[vtkusers] How to paint(colorwash) the surface of an object(vtkPolyData) using values from a vtkImageData

Hai Pham hdp203 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 28 16:03:28 EST 2008

Thank you for your response.

When I use vtkProbeFilter with vtkPolyData as input and vtkImageData as source, it seems like the filter only calculate scalar values at the vertices of each triangle in the input vtkPolyData.
What I want is to have it automatically interpolate from vtkImageData object (NOT from triangle vertices) to determine the value of pixels inside the triangles (just like what vtkImagePlaneWidget does)
What am I missing here?

Thanks, hdp.