[vtkusers] Volume rendering using predefined RGBA data

Maria Axelsson maria at cb.uu.se
Wed Feb 27 11:11:10 EST 2008

Hello,

I am trying to visualise segmented volume data. The color is used to
represent the local orientation in the neighbourhood of each voxel in
3D. The data is structured points in a grid. The vtkfile I have given a
is an excerpt from** a small 3D image with predefined color values in a
4 x 4 x 4 grid which mimics the actual data I want to visualise.
The output I get in this case is a black cube when I run the example as
below.
I expect to see a cube where each individual voxel, that is not set to
opacity zero, is visible somehow in its given color from the file.
We did an example here at out lab with scalars and a color transfer
function and that works fine and we get colors and everything. My
problem is that orientation in 3D means two parameters and I want to
define the color already in MATLAB before any rendering.

Could you give an example of code that actually does the trick using
color scalars?
What sort of data are you visualising?

We are in doubt that the volume renderer supports the predefined colors
for volume data.
I would like to be proven wrong here.

--
Maria