[vtkusers] wxVTKRenderWindowInteractor.py fails on OSX with VTK Cocoa build

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Feb 21 18:11:39 EST 2008

Dan White wrote:
> There is a new OSX port in the wxWidgets source code already,
> called xwCocoa....
> however this is still missing much functionality....
>
> So in the long run, for 64 bit VTK application using wxPython on OSX
> wxPython needs to be able to use the new wxCocoa.

I guess in the long run, wx will use Cocoa -- is it firm that Apple will
never do a 64 bit Carbon? Even so, can you mingle 64 bit stuff and 32
bit stuff -- it's not like you'll ever need 64 bits for the GUI itself.

> In the mean time, the only other option left for a 64 bit
> wxPython GUI VTK application on OSX is.....

What about pyObjC and vtkCocoa? can you use those together?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov