[vtkusers] Create a grid?

Frederic DANESI frederic.danesi at dinccs.com
Thu Feb 21 04:33:38 EST 2008

I don't really understand you issue : what are you exactly trying to do ?
creating and visualizing a grid as cubic cells or in a "triangulated" way ?
only the outside ?

vtkRectilinearGrid and vtkUnstructuredGrid are valid input for
vtkDataSetMapper, or you should consider using a filter such as
vtkGeometryFilter to get a polydata representation of the outside of your
grids  ...

For example (in Java) :
		vtkUnstructuredGridReader rd = new
vtkUnstructuredGridReader();
		rd.SetFileName(myGridFile);
		vtkGeometryFilter ext = new vtkGeometryFilter();
		ext.SetInput((rd.GetOutput()));
		ext.Update();

		vtkPolyDataMapper map = new vtkPolyDataMapper();
		map.SetInput(ext.GetOutput());

		vtkActor actref = new vtkActor();
		actref.SetMapper(map);
		actref.GetProperty().SetRepresentationToWireframe();

Cordialement,
F.Danesi
--
Département DINCCS (Département Ingénierie Numérique, Conception
Collaborative et Simulation)
Email : frederic.danesi at dinccs.com
Web: www.afmicado.com / www.dinccs.com