[vtkusers] vtkPointWidget

Matthias Riechmann riechmann at ira.uka.de
Thu Feb 14 09:30:36 EST 2008

Hi,

can anybody give me a code snippet how to add a vtkPointWidget to be
able to move in around using the mouse? My problem: After adding it to
the scene the same way I did it before when using the sphere- or
line-widget I cannot see it on the screen. As a result it's not possible
to use it interactively. My code (okay, this is for using line widget,
but there shouldn't be much of a difference, should it?):

	drillChannel->lineWidget = vtkLineWidget::New();
	drillChannel->lineWidget->SetPoint1(point1);
	drillChannel->lineWidget->SetPoint2(point2);
	drillChannel->lineWidget->KeyPressActivationOff();
	drillChannel->lineWidget->SetInteractor(this->interactor);
	drillChannel->lineWidget->SetHandleRadius(1.0);
	drillChannel->lineWidget->On();

Do I have to follow special protocols when using the point-widget? I'm
using vtk 5.0.3.

Matthias

--
Dipl.-Inform. Matthias Riechmann
Institut für Prozessrechentechnik, Automation und Robotik

Fon: +49 (721) 608-4049
Fax: +49 (721) 608-7141

Web: http://wwwipr.ira.uka.de/~richmann