[vtkusers] Error in SystemTools.hxx

Matteo Campana campanam at libero.it
Wed Feb 13 16:59:05 EST 2008

Hi,
I'm trying to build my itk/vtk application...witrh Cmake 2.4 and Visual Studio 2005.
A strange problem occurs with hxx files of itk code.

It say that there are some errors in in SystemTools.hxx:
J:\Software\Release\Kitware\ITK_bin\Utilities\itksys/SystemTools.hxx(626) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before 'constant'
J:\Software\Release\Kitware\ITK_bin\Utilities\itksys/SystemTools.hxx(626) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'constant'
J:\Software\Release\Kitware\ITK_bin\Utilities\itksys/SystemTools.hxx(626) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
J:\Software\Release\Kitware\ITK_bin\Utilities\itksys/SystemTools.hxx(626) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';

It seems that he is trying to build the .hxx file....am I right?

I found another post in the itk newsletter with a similar problem: "HELP ITK builting solution : Visual Studio .NET : checking if txx, hxx are marked as C++ files"

As you suggested I configured the Visual studio to not consider the .hxx file

C/c++ File extension:  *.cpp;*.cxx;*.cc;*.c

I also deleted the .hxx extension from the field "Extension to Include"

Then I used also regEdit to delete any references to .hxx extension.

Then I reloaded the Project but it give me the same error.

It's strange because I compiled this application for month without having any problem. Now I simply created new classes.but still using the same version of Cmake and Visual Studio.

.hxx are becoming my nightmare....how can i solve this problem?

Thank you,

Matteo Campana

Matteo Campana

PhD Student