[vtkusers] Mutexlock::Trylock?

Sebastien Valette sebastien.valette at creatis.insa-lyon.fr
Mon Feb 11 12:04:12 EST 2008

Hi,

I am experimenting multithreaded computing, and I face a performance
issue due to my locking scheme. In this context, I think a method such
as vtkMutexLock::Trylock() would solve (at least partially) my problem.
Basically, trylock tries to acquire one lock and returns a value
depending on the success of the lock acquisition (without blocking the
thread). This method does not exist in the vtkMutexLock class.

Does anyone know what is the most easy thing to do if I want such a
feature? Is an extension of the vtkMutexLock class possible?

Sincerely,

Sebastien