[vtkusers] How to write non geometric simulation data into file

Marian Panten usted_y_yo at web.de
Tue Feb 5 07:31:02 EST 2008

Hi vtkler,

i worte a simulation in with vtk adn want to write the output into a file. The output of the simualtion is the transformation/matrix between to vtk actors/objects for each simulation step. My question is, weather there are some helpful classes in vtk which can help me write these matrices into a file? Can i use vtkWriter or one of its subclasses to write matracies and some actor properties into a file, or do i have to write my own writer and then reader? It seams that the vtkWriter mainly is to write geometry data (polydata etc.).

Thanks a lot
Marian