[vtkusers] converting serial vtkpython scripts to run in parallel

Marzio Sala marzio.sala at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:52:20 EST 2008

Hello,

I am currently producing some output images using vtkpython and MESA
rendering, in serial. The filters are relatively simple, mostly cutting
planes, starting from an EnSight .case file as input and saving to file the
resulting image. To reduce CPU time and memory requirements, I was planning
to run them in parallel, with MPI.

Could somebody please help me to understand how difficult it can be to
extend vtkpython scripts to run in parallel? BTW, does the EnSight reader
for .case files work in parallel?

Thanks for your suggestions,
-Marzio