[vtkusers] State of Exporters in VTK

Kristian Sons kristian.sons at actor3d.com
Mon Feb 4 01:48:22 EST 2008

Hello,

In the thread [1], Michail Vidiassov asked for the state of Exporters in
VTK. This is an interesting discussion, I would like to resume in a
dedicated thread.

The freshest and most sophisticated X3D exporter can be found in the CVS
source tree of ParaView 2.6.2. It covers most of the geometric types of
VTK, camera, lights and 2D Text annotations.

I know that there are some projects to rewrite this exporter and adding
support for the binary encoding [2] possibility of the X3D standard. I
hope the result can be found in the VTK library soon.

I am curious about the status of other exporter projects!

Sincerely,
Kristian

[1] http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2008-January/093853.html
[2]
http://www.web3d.org/x3d/specifications/ISO-IEC-19776-3-X3DEncodings-CompressedBinaryEncoding/

--

Kristian Sons
Actor3D - Agentur für interaktive 3D-Medien

mail    kristian.sons at actor3d.com
web     http://www.actor3d.com