[vtkusers] VTK, ICC, OS X Link Errors

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Fri Feb 1 10:50:58 EST 2008

Hrmmmm. This is very strange. ???

Your linker error now seems to imply that vtkVariant is being included in
vtkCommonInstantiator.cxx (a file configured into the VTK build tree).

The vtkVariant.cxx file has the WRAP_EXCLUDE property, which should prevent
it from being generated into the vtkCommonInstantiator.cxx file. So do
several other files in the Common directory. I don't know why vtkVariant
would be different from vtkBoundingBox, for example.

To get past the error, (temporarily to see what else you run into) you could
remove all traces of vtkVariant from the vtkCommonInstantiator.cxx file, but
that does not answer the question of how it ended up there in the first
place.

If you have time, perhaps you could add some CMake debug MESSAGE statements
into the file "VTK/CMake/vtkMakeInstantiator.cmake" in the
VTK_MAKE_INSTANTIATOR3 macro and see if you can figure out why vtkVariant is
being included there even though it has the WRAP_EXCLUDE property on...

HTH,
David