[vtkusers] Compiling VTK in cygwin

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 12:03:04 EST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 7:10 AM, Andrey Sklyar <skyarland at gmail.com> wrote:
> I get an error while compiling
> '/usr/src/vtkcvs/VTK/Hybrid/vtkWin32VideoSource.cxx' while doing an
> out-of-source build of VTKwith both the 5.2.0 release and the current
> CVS head.  Could somebody suggest a way to solve this problem?
>
> Mathieu discussed this problem in earlier posts (below), but I wasn't
> able to find a solution.
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg00016.html
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-03/msg00020.html
> http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtk-developers/2005-August/003675.html

That was a long time ago. I dont think I ever published the patch, but
if you can get your hands on a free version of the M$ compiler, you
can grep the headers file for the missing macro, and complete the
cygwin headers file ones. That's what I did at the time, I do not
remember if it worked out ok.

Good luck,
--
Mathieu