[vtkusers] getting a messy visualization result after marching cube algorithm

Albert zinking3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 02:21:26 EST 2008

Hello Every one
  I get into some problem when using VTK marching cube algorithm to deal
with the standard CT HEAD test data, I get a messy visualization result
after my marching cuble script Here is my script, and I cant figure out
where is the problem, and I cant get any help on how to solve it, can any
body help me ?
  The script below is my code , any body point me some potential problem?
thanks very much

catch {load vtktcl}
# get the interactor ui
#source ../../examplesTcl/vtkInt.tcl
#source ../../examplesTcl/colors.tcl

# Create the RenderWindow, Renderer and both Actors

vtkRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindow renWin
    renWin AddRenderer ren1
vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren
    iren SetRenderWindow renWin
vtkLight lgt

# create pipeline
#
vtkVolume16Reader v16
    v16 SetDataDimensions 256 256
    [v16 GetOutput] SetOrigin 0.0 0.0 0.0
    #v16 SetDataByteOrderToLittleEndian
    v16 SetFilePrefix "CThead"
    v16 SetImageRange 1 113
    #v16 SetFilePattern "CThead.%3d"

    v16 SetDataSpacing 1 1 2
vtkMarchingCubes iso
    iso SetInput [v16 GetOutput]
    iso SetValue 0 100
vtkPolyDataMapper isoMapper
    isoMapper SetInput [iso GetOutput]
    isoMapper ScalarVisibilityOff
vtkActor isoActor
    isoActor SetMapper isoMapper
set isoProp [isoActor GetProperty]
eval $isoProp SetColor 120 120 0

vtkOutlineFilter outline
    outline SetInput [v16 GetOutput]
vtkPolyDataMapper outlineMapper
    outlineMapper SetInput [outline GetOutput]
vtkActor outlineActor
    outlineActor SetMapper outlineMapper
set outlineProp [outlineActor GetProperty]
#eval $outlineProp SetColor 0 0 0

# Add the actors to the renderer, set the background and size
#
ren1 AddActor outlineActor
ren1 AddActor isoActor
ren1 SetBackground 1 1 1
ren1 AddLight lgt
renWin SetSize 1000 1000
ren1 SetBackground 0.1 0.2 0.4

set cam1 [ren1 GetActiveCamera]
$cam1 Elevation 90
$cam1 SetViewUp 0 0 -1
$cam1 Zoom 1.3
eval lgt SetPosition [$cam1 GetPosition]
eval lgt SetFocalPoint [$cam1 GetFocalPoint]

# render the image
#
#iren SetUserMethod {wm deiconify .vtkInteract}

renWin Render
#renWin SetFileName "headBone.tcl.ppm"
#renWin SaveImageAsPPM

# prevent the tk window from showing up then start the event loop
wm withdraw .

your reply will be appreciated.