[vtkusers] Building VTK-BGL algorithms (using cmake)

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Dec 23 15:14:58 EST 2008

> When I compile the sample file, I get the first error for the following
> line:
>   VTK_CREATE(vtkBoostBiconnectedComponents, biconn);
>
> (On CMake, I had set VTK_USE_BOOST set to ON when building VTK)

First, make sure that your app is linking against vtkInfovis. If it
is, it appears that the Boost algorithms are not being compiled into
the vtkInfovis library you are using. Ensure that the vtkInfovis you
are linking against is the one in the build where you turned
VTK_USE_BOOST on. In Visual Studio, you can check your VTK build by
looking at the source files under vtkInfovis. Make sure the vtkBoost*
files are there.

Jeff