[vtkusers] Infovis: Changing layout strategy parameters

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Dec 18 11:42:52 EST 2008

Hey Jeff,

When I call Modified() on the GraphLayout and update the pipeline it
continues from where it was in the layout process, just with more
iterations. If I also call Initialize() for the LayoutStrategy it
resets to the initial temp and decay, but still starts with the
current positions of the vertices, which is what I wanted -- thanks
for getting me on the right track!

How does the LayoutStrategy (in these density grid based schemes)
decide whether to start with random points or not? Will it detect
whether the graph has non-zero coordinates assigned already, or is
there some flag that can be set?

Thanks,
-Eric