[vtkusers] VTK as GUI

Gil More trovatron at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 13:15:21 EST 2008

Hi,

I'd like to use a vtkSplineWidget as an data input control. It should be
placed on a plane which is located in a cube. It should be possible to
move the plane along one axis within the cube. This is basically the
same set up as in the ProbeWithSplineWidget example, but without the probing
and with a vtkPlaneWidget instead of a vtkImagePlaneWidget.

The splines should be limited to the area of the plane. And the spline
should behave like a graph, meaning it should not be possible for the
second handle to go before the first handle.

The handles should be the changing points of the curve, not just handles.

It should be possible to read out the relative XY of each handle.

It should be possible to drag and drop new planes with splines into the cube.

I tried now for a couple of days and I simply can't do it. Help would be appreciated.

x00