[vtkusers] Changing the mouse cursor?

Karthik Krishnan karthik.krishnan at kitware.com
Mon Dec 15 08:36:34 EST 2008

John Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I managed to pick a point from my vtkImageViewer2. It would be more
> efficient if I can change the mouse cursor to "cross" so I can pick
> points more accurately. Does anyone know how to do this?
vtkRenderWindow::SetCursor( VTK_CURSOR_CROSSHAIR );

You'll need to use VTK CVS or VTK-5.2. (I think it made it to the 5.2
release) since I added it recently.

One issue is that the crosshair is that on X11 the crosshair gets
rendered as a big fat plus rather than a crosshair. It pretty much looks
like XC_plus (see http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/appendix/b/). On Windows
the cursor looks good.