[vtkusers] Frustum Frustration

Paul massivemonkeymayhem at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 09:29:14 EST 2008

Hi. I'm having a problem with a simple bit of code that I use to setup
orthogonal camera views along a specified axis. Occasionally when I
click on one of the buttons in my GUI (eg. "Align camera in the
direction of positive Z axis") - everything will disappear from my
render window and no amount of panning/zooming will make the objects
reappear. If I look at the values of GetPosition() and GetFocalPoint()
I *should* be seeing something, but I don't. My guess is that the
frustum is internally getting messed up? If I randomly click my "align
camera" buttons a bunch of times they will eventually magically start
to work. My calls look like this:

cam = ren.GetActiveCamera()
cam.SetPosition(...)
cam.SetFocalPoint(...)
ren.ResetCameraClippingRange()
widget.Update()

I'm using VTK 5.2 from source. Any ideas?

Paul