[vtkusers] Resampling Image while interacting

Michael Knopke Michael.Knopke at gmx.de
Thu Dec 11 10:22:48 EST 2008

Hello,

I found a similar problem in the forum but without answer, so I try here
again.

What I want is to change the resolution of an image shown with
vtkImageViewer2 to improve speed while interacting with it. (and after
interaction show the unscaled image)

Basically this would be no problem by using observers and vtkImageResample
(or Reslice) and changing Spacing/Extent on the fly (or
AxisMagnificationFactor which seems to do the same).

Anyway while setting those factors (e.g. 0.5) once at the beginning of the
pipeline resamples the image as expected (and improves speed), but it
crashes when changing it after the viewer already showed an image with
different spacing.

While calling UpdateWholeExtent prevents crashing, it doesn't resample the
image but just changes the extent (capping parts of the image).

VTK: latest cvs checkout

Anybody has a hint?

Michael