[vtkusers] please help me with inheriting vtkInteractorStyle

Shady Shidfar shady_shidfar at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 9 08:50:48 EST 2008

Hello everyone. I have a weird problem I hope someone can help me with. I need to inherit vtkInteractorStyle or vtkInteractorStyleUnicam and override onLeftButtonDown. The problem is I can't override it because I get the error : "cannot override inherited member because it is not marked virtual, abstract, or override". As I was checking other classes inherited from vtkInteractorStyle it seems that they're using vtkTypeRevisionMacro, Which I don't really know what it is and how I can use it in my inherited class. I need to say I'm using c# and vtkdotnet. Can someone please help me with this. I've been working on this for a few days and the problem is anything I do I can't get the program  to run the onLeftButtonDown method in the derived class instead of the base class when left button is pressed.

Many Thanks
Shaadi