[vtkusers] post:error LNK2019

Matthieu Duvinage matthieu.duvinage at gmail.com
Sun Dec 7 15:20:33 EST 2008

Hello everybody,

this is my first post. I have some problems with the use of
vtkImagePlaneWidget. I'm using Visual c++ 2008 express with VTK 5.2. In
fact, I have already used some functions of this library as decimate,
smoothing, ... without any problems of linkage. However, when I try to
use a vtkImagePlaneWidget in order to add 2D slices in a 3D volume, I
get this error message :

Mercator.obj : error LNK2019: symbole externe non résolu
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkImagePlaneWidget *
__cdecl vtkImagePlaneWidget::New(void)"
(__imp_?New at vtkImagePlaneWidget@@SAPAV1 at XZ) référencé dans la fonction
"void __cdecl image_reader(class Fl_Widget *,void *)"
(?image_reader@@YAXPAVFl_Widget@@PAX at Z)

I used Cmake with rendering, parall options enabled and the build all
was processed in visual 2008.
This error occurs when I use this line:
vtkImagePlaneWidget*toto=vtkImagePlaneWidget::New();

Do you have the faintest  idea of what is happening and what do I have
to do ?

I hope I hear from you soon.

Best regards

Duvi