[vtkusers] How to project a 2D shape of a 3D object on vtkImagePlaneWidget?

Huanxiang Lu huanxiang.lu at artorg.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 3 07:24:07 EST 2008

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie of vtk. Currently I use the vtkImagePlaneWidget to visualize
my vertebrae image and I put a 3D bounding box on the each vertebrae. The
thing that I want is to have a 2D projection of the 3D bounding box on my 2D
image plane in the vtkImagePlaneWidget.

I tried to get the image plane as a vtkPlane object so that I can find the
intersection between the bounding box and the image plane. But it seems it's
impossible to get a vtkPlane object from the vtkImagePlaneWidget, because
there is no certain method. Is there anyone who can tell me how to realize
it?

Thank you very much!

Huanxiang Lu

Ph.D. Student, Medical Image Analysis

University of Bern

ARTORG Center for Biomedical Engineering Research

Stauffacherstrasse 78

CH-3014 Bern

Tel +41 31 631 59 52

Fax +41 31 631 59 60